AACWP Wedding Planning Training Course September 2021
AACWP is excited to offer our wedding planner training course, entirely online! And for a limited time, at a lower price.
The next online course will take place September 13th - October 8th.
AACWP has set the standard for training courses for wedding planners with our in-house training program, and we have now recreated our content virtually to offer the option for more students to take advantage of our curriculum on their own time. Our online course consists of webinars, videos, and digital downloads of course materials. Students will be given a start date and a hard end date, at an optional incremental pace for each session. The course facilitator will be available through email to answer any questions or concerns you might have as well as on weekly virtual meetings. Come learn all about becoming a wedding planner and owner of a wedding planning business from the best in the business and let us help you take the next step in your career path! We are excited to have you!
After participating in the training courses, the student will be able to:
“Define Today’s Wedding Planner and The Client Interview"
- Define the role of the professional wedding planner
- Understand the various characteristics and skills used by a wedding planner
- Identify services offered by wedding planners
- Identify skills and behaviors to be successful
- Identify best practices to conduct a personal interview via phone and in person
“Choose Vendors, Handle Emergencies, Sales and Systems and the Basics of Planning”
- Choose vendors and build a database
- Read and understand vendor contracts
- Understand how to handle problems and emergencies
- Understand the basics of planning and budgets
“Understand the Fundamentals of Starting your Business”
- Develop a plan to start a business
- Learn how to price services
- Advertise a business and build a portfolio
- Understand steps to register a business name
“Direct a Wedding Ceremony, Etiquette and Cultures, Reception and Guest Panel”
- Recognize different types of religious ceremonies and unity options
- Understand different cultures and traditions
- Understand ceremony planning and gain knowledge necessary to conduct a ceremony rehearsal
- Create documents necessary for planning the reception (budget, timelines…)
- Select the venue
- Understand floor plans and banquet event orders
- Understand reception traditions and etiquette
- Learn to work as team “the day of” discussion/questions with guest panel
*To receive a Certificate of Completion you must complete the following:
- Attend and complete all sessions by:
- Watching all course videos for each session
- Reading all course materials and chapters (they are available to download and print)
- Pass the course quiz at the end of each session
- Complete and pass assigned homework given in each session
AACWP began in 2007, created by wedding professionals who saw the need for an organization dedicated to the education of those seeking to become wedding planners, and to elevate those already in the field through certification and continuing education. This premier group created and produced their first training course in 2007. Since then, they have produced courses each year, updating the curriculum to make sure their students received the best education in the wedding industry to set them up for success as well as polish the skills of those already in their careers. Our Training Course Director sees to the needs of our ever-changing training courses, instructors and students. Our membership volunteers in various committee roles, helping with everything from creating our annual Vendi Awards (the premier industry awards gala in Dallas-Fort Worth) to developing our curriculum and continuing education events.